Hives are a type of skin rash characterized by groups of flat pale red raised swelling on the skin. This type of rash is usually short-lived and can stay on from few minutes to few weeks. This rash is extremely itchy, can also cause sting or burn causing extreme discomfort. Many people wonder, can stress cause hives? And, the answer is yes! The largest organ of the body is skin, which is very sensitive. As we know, stress can also be caused due to hormonal imbalanced. This hormonal imbalance affects the overall health. Hives, commonly known as urticaria, is found in 15-20 percent of the people. It affects women twice as often as men. Hives can occur on any part of the body and its size can range from few millimeters to a foot. Identifying the causes of hives is a bit difficult.
There are several factors contributing to hives. Now that you have got the answer to the question, can stress cause hives, you also need to understand that hives are of two types:
* Ordinary hives : These hives appear suddenly on several places that turns the affected part red and itchy. Ordinary hives can last from few days to weeks. If they last for more than 6 weeks, they are considered to be chronic.
* Physical hives : These hives occur when something stimulates or irritates the skin. Physical hives are caused due to scratching which is also referred as dermatographism. Physical hives can also be caused due to exercise, pressure, water, heat or cold and sunlight.
If you want to know more whether can stress cause hives, it becomes important to discuss the causes of hives, which are as follows:
* Ordinary hives are caused due to food stuffs like berries, fish, chocolates, nuts, milk. Viral infections , insect bites or a certain medication can also be the possible triggers.
* The causes of chronic hives are never consistent
* The common triggers of physical hives are sun, water and cold.
* Other triggers include stress, fungus, perfumes or deodorants, pets, bacteria etc.
As we have seen hives are also caused due to hormonal imbalance. Stress hormones have a particular effect in women. It interferes with the estrogen and progesterone balance. It is important to be aware of these hives as they can also prove to be life-threatening.
Can stress cause hives? Yes, stress can cause hives and as it has been proved life-threatening, it will be an advisable option to look at its treatment. Some of its treatments include:
* Personalized stress management for optimum long-term symptom management.
* Generally, antihistamine or a steroid is recommended to relieve the symptoms by your doctor. There are no approved medications.
* Natural treatments is one option as it has no dangerous side effects.
* A great deal of time and money is spent on the remedies. Moreover, one remedy found, known as HIVAREX can be taken orally in order to maintain optimal immune system health.
As there is no exact treatment or cure for hives, the above treatments may not benefit everybody but can definitely help relive hives to a certain extent.
Managing Stress Related Articles
- Can Stress Cause Hives?
- Causes of Stress
- Coping With Stress
- Dealing With Stress
- Definition Of Stress
- Geopathic Stress
- Heart Stress
- Instant Stress Relief
- Job Stress
- Managing Stress
- Posttraumatic Stress
- Signs of Stress
- Stress Anxiety
- Stress Ball
- Stress Balls
- Stress Causes
- Stress Eraser
- Stress In The Workplace
- Stress Incontinence
- Stress Management
- Stress Reducers
- Stress Relief
- Stress Relief Games
- Stress Test
- Symptoms Of Stress
- Teacher Stress
- Ways To Relieve Stress
- What Is Stress
- Workplace Stress